Thursday, December 7, 2006

Netflix 'Press For Truth' DVDs Purposely Broken

A concerned supporter from St. Paul, Minnesota, sent us an email today that reads as follows:

"I thought you might be interested to hear about my experience trying to rent '9/11: Press for Truth' from Netflix. Yesterday I received my fourth 'broken' (literally -- cracked in half) copy of the film. This is well beyond any damage that could happen by chance. Below is my correspondence, to date, with Netflix customer service. I'm awaiting my fifth copy, which is expected to arrive tomorrow. We'll see just what condition that one is in! I can't imagine that I am the only one who has had this sort of trouble. Maybe you've heard other similar stories?? Thanks for your attention. I look forward to seeing this film someday!"

The correspondence she received from the Netflix Customer Service department furthers the mystery, since they claim "our warehouse staff performs an inspection on each and every DVD before it leaves our warehouse... If a movie is not visibly damaged... we will ship the copy to the next customer."

No comments: